Breasts; The people from my native Home-town of Ekiti State, Nigeria, call breasts; “Omu” which literally translates to “drink it”.
Breasts are present in both males and females. The Breasts are a part of the Human body, It is not sinful to say; ‘breasts’ because they are a part of your body.
Now, look down, not at your shoes, at your breasts. Now, touch them, they are your breasts.
Call the body parts by their names and not by slang names, this creates an awareness that these are body parts like the eyes and mouth and it is normal to have them and speak about them especially to children.
If you have traditional beliefs, please stop reading from here, this article is not for you. This article is for a different tribe of people; the tribe who knows themselves through and through.
Breasts- The Development
At birth, the male breasts are similar to the female breasts before the naked eye but the difference is that in the female breast, specialized ducts have been placed. What is the function of these specialized ducts? production of milk. Apart from this, the male and female breasts are the same. The female breasts only begin to show differentiation at the onset of puberty.
The Female Breasts – The functions
Primarily, the function of the female breasts is providing succour.
The Secondary function of the breast is providing aesthetics.
Succour means assistance and support in times of hardship and distress.
- feed our newly born (they need assistance because they cannot care for themselves)
- give succour to our HUSBANDS. Your husband (if you have one) is the crown on your head. The one who has been entrusted and Charged with loving you to the point of giving his life for you.
- Loving someone so much up to the point of giving up your life when it is asked is a difficult task. Comfort your husband at your breasts, in fact, while he sucks at it, you should rub his head and pamper him because, it’s the best ‘drink’ of the day and only You; His wife can give him this. (Are you a traditional person? Why did you come this far? I already warned you to go back before we started this discussion)
If you are a Christian, here are biblical references regarding this;
- Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love. Proverbs 5:18-19 ESV
- That you may nurse and be satisfied from her consoling breast; that you may drink deeply with delight from her glorious abundance.” Isaiah 66:11 ESV
- give succour to any Human who may need our help. I will share two
CASE 1 SCENARIO (A)
My delectable Grandmother (God rest her soul), has several of such children; Children who became her children because she nursed them; some because their mother’s breasts did not secrete enough milk, others for similar reasons.
I have heard of women who breastfed and nursed other people’s children because their mother died at Childbirth.
Dear woman, your breasts give succour, more than succour, they give solace.
CASE 1 SCENARIO (B)
Give succour to any Human who may need our help.
The story is told, (or should I say history has it that; because the woman in question has been immortalized, so, I believe it happened) of a woman whose father was sentenced to die by hunger. He was incarcerated and noone was permitted to visit him.
She begged them to allow her see her father but they checked her thoroughly and ensured she had no food on her. So, she began to breastfeed him.The warder was surprised that the Man did not pass away despite been incarcerated for so long,
One day she was caught in the act… Please click on the link in the picture to read the remaining part of the story.
Aesthetics is a set of principles concerned with the nature and appreciation of beauty.
The Secondary function of our breasts is to provide aesthetics.
- give fitting to our clothes
- swing when we dance
- add to our overall beauty
You will not believe it but this second function of the breast is the genesis of majority of the problems we have in the world today;Tweet
- Plastic surgery
- and the Monster of them all; Body shaming which may lead to; Suicide
- Dear woman, what is it about the size, shape, and firmness of your breasts that is giving you sleepless nights?
- Dear woman, what is it about the size, shape and firmness of your breast that you are so drunk in love what you are so fascinated with them that you will go as far as posing nude and for money?
- Dear woman, what is it about the size, shape and firmness of your breasts that makes you mock another woman? that makes you body-shame her?
- Dear woman, what is it about the size, shape and firmness of your breasts that you will go overboard; you will sell your body, work extra hours, save money, only to “do a body job”?
Listen up, no one chooses the kind of body he or she will come in, the kind of body you are in right now is determined by your genetic makeup.
Unarguably, you can get your desired body shape naturally by;
- wearing body trainers or corsets
- nutrition; watching what you eat
- Them go take, them go die, O n ba e lo! none of us will take talk more die
- Point is do what you want to do with your body because you feel like it, not because you feel pressurized to.
- Do not be the reason (consciously or intentionally)another person feels pressurized to alter their body
CASE 2 SCENARIO
At the onset of puberty, I began to actually notice my body, It was cool. Then, there came the naysayers who told me; I was beautiful, but my shoulder was wide. There came another who told me that my breasts were far apart, etc. There there came another who told me I should consider having a breast enlargement surgery.
What did I do? I proceeded to work on my self -confidence, only then did I realize that ; “My body was perfect just as it was!”
Dear woman, your body matters, stay happy and in control, be the Master of your own destiny