As much as ‘Ewaade the Godman’ is not a Christian blog, I have done these posts back-to-back since I launched The Holy Rosary, I have come to discover that many Christians are really ignorant about their Christian faith?
On the Sequel to the Holy Rosary which I titled; TATTOO – THE SECRET; someone commented on my facebook page (@ewaade3a) that; this is Idolatry. To which I responded: “Accepted, but you have to prove it. What are the elements of idolatry? How many of these elements can you find? Drawing from sacred traditions and scriptures state your points clearly. Now I have two things to share with you: “
These two things I thought to share with everyone who visits ewaade.com
We will share from Hebrews 9. You got to read the whole of Chapter 9 but I will share with us verse 4;
4 which had the golden altar of incense and the gold-covered ark of the covenant. This ark contained the gold jar of manna, Aaron’s staff that had budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant.Hebrews 9:4
What was most important? The Ark? What the Ark symbolizes? or the contents of the ark?Why was the ark so carefully crafted? Why was special attention paid to its carrying? Why did the Israelites carry the ark with them into battle?Tweet
The Ark served as a housing for the articles of great faith deposited in it;
- Manna -the bread of angels; that ‘thing’ that covered the earth like white frost that God provided as food for the Israelites in the wilderness
- the staff of Aaron that budded
- the stone tablets of the covenant
10 The Lord said to Moses, “Put back Aaron’s staff in front of the ark of the covenant law, to be kept as a sign to the rebellious. This will put an end to their grumbling against me, so that they will not die.”Numbers 17:10
If you are a Christian and do not already know that; Our Lord Jesus Christ represents everything found in the Ark of the covenant in all its fullness and more.
Then, I am sorry for you, why? A Christian like you can be easily swayed. You will jump from Church to Church searching for the Light until you finally leave the light and jump into darkness.
Jesus is the bread of life; the only one you can eat and never die! Jesus Christ fulfilled all the covenants of old; the one God made with David that his descendant was going to sit on the throne forever. In Matthew Chapter 1, St. Matthew gives the genealogy of Jesus tracing his ancestral heritage back to David, Jesus is the messiah, the chosen one. Jesus is the fulfillment of the law, the one who came to fulfill the law not to abolish it.
Complete or you still got something you are waiting for?
If Jesus embodies everything contained in the Ark of the Covenant and Mary is his Mother; Mary is the ‘Ark of the Covenant’. Please what’s there to reason in thisTweet
If you need a proof, please find it in Revelations 11:19
When God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm. Revelations 11:19
You may regard the ‘Ark of the Covenant’ as an ‘old testament thing’, an ‘old testament box’ and regard its mention in Hebrews chapter 9 as irrelevant but someone like you and I saw a vision; which we hold to be true as things that are to come, right?
Please which ‘Ark of the Covenant’ is been revealed to the Visioner in this vision of Revelations? The same old ‘Ark of the Covenant’ that Jesus has come to fulfill? The same ‘Ark of the Covenant’ that sometimes failed the Israelites in battle and was even carted away by the enemies in one of the battles?
I don’t know if you already know, but the Bible was not written in Chapters, the scriptures that made their way or found their way to the Bible are long scrolls, the writers wrote on parchments.
The Mother Church sorted the books and then sorted the books into Chapters to make reading and quoting from them easier.
What’s the benefit of this my ‘long useless story now’?
I want to show to you the next ‘verse’ after Revelations 11:19;
12 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. Revelations 12:1
The woman whom you all have been ‘wo enu si lara‘ (this means disrespecting in Yoruba language) is actually the ‘Ark of the Covenant’ and is in heaven with God. Not just in heaven,
- She is clothed with the Sun- the great light that governs the day, the heavenly body no man has reached because of the great heat that emanates from it
- She has the moon under her feet; the great light that governs the night
- She is Crowned with twelve stars; each of the stars representing the twelve tribes of Israel; the Israel we have become a part of by adoption.
She did not take this honor herself. It was a special honor given her by God because she is the ‘most blessed among women’, of all the women that was ever born.
I see when a big dignitary visits, I see the long entourage, I see how some of us lay our clothes for them to step on, I see how some of us wait for long hours under the Sun, we do all of these and none of it is considered idol worship; so what exactly is it with our mother; the Blessed Virgin Mary?
It has been foretold;
17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus. Revelations 12:17
This is what is happening in our world today!
We say a short prayer;
Dear Lord, enlighten the eyes of my mind, that I may see you in all that I do, give me a better understanding of your scripture, that I may not be seen fighting against your kingdom of love, but seen working to build it up. This we ask and pray through Christ our Lord who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit one God forever and ever. Amen.
Ehnehn! let me now add my own;
Please, let’s not be childish in 2020, we have a lot of problems embattling our world, let’s move away from the BVM and do something creative with our time! Is that even possible? The words of Holy Scriptures must be fulfilled, so this battle continues for life.
- What is an idol? an image or representation of a god used as an object of worship.
- What is Idolatry or Idol worship? as the worship of an image or a created object and the Christians will add that; ‘doing this in the place of God’.
- I will tell you a secret o, don’t tell anyone. Forget it, you will!
- Who is our Blessed Virgin Mary, our Mother? She is the Mother of God, the highly favored of the Most High, the Sinless one
- Is Mary a god? No
- Is Mary worshipped? No
- Why are Mary’s images or statues or pictures carried in processions? She is the Ark of the Covenant, we are the Israelites. We bear and carry the statue of our Lady in procession as a reminder of who she is to us and what her presence in our lives represent
- Did God say images and statues may not be made? No, God said; they must not be ‘bowed down before’ that is worshipped but God himself gave descriptions on how images for the temple was to be cast
- Is bowing before a statue of Mary bowing before a statue? Much as you do when you hold your Bible to pray and are overwhelmed and lay with your Bible in front of you, when people pray in front of a statue of Mary, they seek God’s blessings, staring at the image of his most favored one; the one who made Christ perform his first miracle even when He wasn’t prepared. They kneel to take succor from her maternal guidance so that they can listen to her say; “do as he tells you”. Also, it is easier to pray (lift up your mind to God) when your eyes and thoughts are focused on something that inspires worship to God. It is easier to keep your mind from straying or wandering when your eyes are focused.
Mary leads us to God and is to be highly revered but never worshipped. Mary is a Creation and only the Creator is to be worshipped! Worshipping Mary is tantamount to indulging in Idolatry which the Lord frowns at.
Devotion to Mary is sacrosanct!
I will sing a hymn to Mary, The Mother of My Lord, the Virgin of all Virgins of David’s Royal throne, O, teach me Holy Mary, a loving song to sing, when wicked men blaspheme thee, I will love and bless your name (one of my favorite hymns of Mary)
God bless the Redemptorists and the Franciscan Friars and Sisters of the Immaculate who spread unceasing devotion to Mary.